Spring cleaning is one thing, but spring car cleaning is another. Taking proper care of your vehicle goes beyond routine maintenance and following the manufacturer-recommended service schedule; you have to keep it clean, too. Get behind the wheel in style after making use of these spring car cleaning tips from us here at Cottage Chevrolet.
- Wash – Start spring off right by giving your car the love it deserves with a deep-clean. Take the time to get in all the nooks and crannies, including the wheel wells. You may have to remove the hubcaps, but you’ll be surprised by how much dirt and grime built up over winter. Top off the wash with a waxing that will leave your car shining in the bright sunlight.
- Organization – It’s more than likely that trash managed to build up in your storage compartments or other various places in your car. Take the time to clean out all of the compartments, including the glovebox, door pockets, and seatbacks. Make sure to get everything out of the trunk as well.
- Windows – Take a few minutes to scrub the windows thoroughly. Doing so will make your car look great and increase your visibility. Don’t forget to buy and install a new set of wipers to keep your windshield squeaky clean too.
Part of what makes relationships exciting is finding a balance between the familiar and traditional with the new and intriguing. If you’re looking to mix things up and have an unconventional Valentine’s Day this year, take a cue from one of these fun ideas.
Make DIY Gifts Together
Picking out a precious gift for your loved one can be fun, but making a gift can be even sweeter. Take DIY gifts to the next level by making your gifts together. Sign up for a painting class or write a love poem together. You’ll always cherish what you and your partner created side by side.
Celebrate Love with Different Traditions
Every culture has its own traditions, including those that focus on love. Parts of Britain, for example, serve caraways seed and raisin buns to their loved ones on Valentine’s Day. Learn about some of the ways in which romance is celebrated in other countries and recreate that this Valentine’s Day.
Spread the Love
Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be about just you and one other person. This year, consider throwing a Valentine’s Day dinner for some of your friends – singles or couples. This way you’ll avoid the crowded restaurants and get to see many of your loved ones all at once.
The constant splashing of slush and the trailing mud of winter boots are destined to make your vehicle difficult to clean this year. And each time you clean it, the car may seem to just get dirty again! Here are a few easy tips to help keep your car clean during winter.
- Cover or replace your floor mats with some sort of rubber mats that will be easier to clean, as muddy, snowy boots are inevitable.
- Since slush and salt will constantly be building up on your car, it’s important to get it washed semi-frequently, no matter how counter-intuitive it may seem.
- Whenever possible, try to park inside of garages and under barriers to protect your car from snow buildup.
- And lastly – safe driving translates to clean driving, especially if you have the bad habit of driving like this.
And whatever you do this winter – please stay safe! For more safety tips or to check out our winter-ready models, visit us anytime at Cottage Chevrolet.
New Year’s Eve is a great time to celebrate the end of a great year and new beginnings. But celebrations can sometimes get out of hand. If you are planning on celebrating the New Year by consuming alcohol, it’s a good idea to read these New Year’s Eve safety tips before you head out on the town.
Driving after one drink can be dangerous, even though many people believe it isn’t. A single drink can affect your perception and reaction skills. Because of this, it’s important that you have a plan to get home. Before you head out to celebrate, designate a non-drinking driver or set up a pre-paid cab for the night. You can also use ride-sharing apps like Uber or Lyft to get home safely after the ball drops.
Make sure your guests are safe.
If you are hosting a New Year’s party, it’s important to make sure your guests get home safely. As guests RSVP, make sure they have arrangements to get home. It’s also good to have the number of your local cab company available during the party and to have plenty of blankets and pillows, in case guests decide to stay the night.
Don’t let others drink and drive.
Stop friends and family from getting behind the wheel when they have been drinking. Even if you have to take their keys, causing a potential argument, it’s important that everyone stays safe this holiday season.
Happy New Year from Cottage Chevrolet!
Image credit: James Palinsad